MONE$Q™, a division of AppClose, Inc. (“Company”) provides financial products and services to attorneys, law firms, and other legal professionals. We understand that by using MONE$Q, you place your trust in us to handle your data and personal information appropriately, including your personal information and the personal information of individuals affiliated with you, such as your employees, clients, contractors, or beneficial owners.
Table of Contents
- Information We Collect About You and How We Process It
- Information We May Collect About Your Clients
- How We Use Your Information
- How We Share Your Information
- How We Store Your Information
- Other Important Information About Your Personal Information
- Your Choices About Your Personal Information
- Contacting Us
1. Information We Collect About You and How We Process It.
The personal information we process depends on the services you use and how you access them. We process information when you directly interact with us in the following ways:
- Creating an account
- Filling out an application and creating a Merchant Account
- Browsing our website
- Connecting accounts to your MONE$Q Account(s)
- Calling, chatting, or interacting with us (such as with our Customer Experience or Sales, or texting us a copy of a receipt)
- Interacting with us at a conference, webinar, or event
- Otherwise interact with the Services
Information We Process When You Use our Services
Information needed to create an Account
When you create an account to evaluate the services, we capture:
- Your name
- Your email
- Your password (hashed)
Information needed to apply and create a Merchant Account
When you open a Merchant Account, we need to process a certain amount of preliminary information about you, your company, and individuals associated with your company to comply with our legal and regulatory obligations. When you apply for a Merchant Account, we may process:
- Your name
- Your title or role on your team
- Your email
- Your phone number
- Your address
- Your date of birth
- Your password (hashed) – please make it unique, long, and strong
- Information related to your company, including the company’s legal name, address, and Employer Identification Number (EIN) (or SSN in the case of sole proprietorships, or LLCs that are disregarded entities without an EIN)
- Information about individuals on your leadership team or individuals who have an ownership interest in your company
- Bank account information
- Other information pertaining to your identity such as copies of a passport, driver’s license, or other national ID
- Personal information provided to us from third-party companies we partner with to offer services to you (see below)
Information needed to use our products and services
We need to process personal information when your company adds you as a User to use our services (for example as an employee or authorized representative). To use these services, we may process:
- Your name
- Your email
- Your phone number
- Other personal information that you opt to provide
Information processed when you make a transaction
Each time you receive a payment or record a financial transaction, we receive information about your transaction. We may receive this information directly from you or from our financial partners (Usio and its partner banks) or the card networks (Mastercard or Visa). We may process:
- Device and payment method information (eCheck, card (last 4 digits), card type)
- When and where transactions occur
- Receipt information
- Information provided to us by the card network associated with transactions, merchants, or cardholders
- Names of transacting parties
- Description of the transactions
Information automatically processed when you visit our websites
We process personal information automatically when you visit our website to make our services work, to prevent fraud and enhance security, to understand your preferences, and to tailor services to you for the best possible experience. We may process:
Browser and device information.
- IP address
- Mobile and other hardware or device identifiers
- Operating system
- Browser information, such as type and version
- Referring and exit pages, including landing pages and pages viewed
- Device event information, including crash reports, request and referral URLs and system activity details
Information about your use of our website.
- What you click on and what you type, time you spend on our websites, and other user experience information, such as features that you use
- Provide you services such as those that allow you to chat with our Customer Experience team
- Remember your information so that you don’t have to enter it
- Track and understand how you use and interact with our online services and emails
- Measure how useful and effective our services and communications are to you
- Perform website and mobile analytics
- Help prevent fraud and prevent attacks against our websites and services
- Advertise and promote our services, and additional products and services from our partner companies
- Otherwise manage and enhance our services
- Websites you visit
- IP Address
You can block these at any time using your web browser settings, but doing so may limit browsing experience and your ability to use certain features of our services.
Third-Party Analytics Services
We may use third-party analytics service providers to help us with our online services, such as Google Analytics, and others. The analytics providers that administer these services use technologies such as cookies, web beacons, and web server logs to help us analyze how you use our online services. We may disclose your site use information (including IP address) to these analytics providers, and other service providers who use the information to help us figure out how you and others use our online services.
- Information that you provide about your business
- Information about practice areas or your professional experience
- States in which attorneys are licensed and year licensed
- Other information relating to your professional profile
Information processed when you interact with our team
We may process personal information about you when you call, chat, email, or interact with members of our team (such as Customer Experience, Sales, or Marketing), including:
- Your name
- Your email, phone number, or other contact information
- Content of your communications, including, in some cases recorded calls, and survey responses
Information processed when you join a webinar or event
We may process personal information about you when you join us at an event in person or online via a webinar. We may collect this information directly or obtain it from a third-party service provider. We may process:
- Your name
- Your email or other contact information
- Registration date and time
- Webinar attendance information, when you joined a webinar, when you left, if you were paying attention, and what state or country that you joined from
Information processed when you use Payments
We may process personal information about you when you enter or receive payments. We may process:
Information related to an eCheck payment.
- Recipient name or company
- Sender name or company
- Amount sent
- Amount received
- Account type
- Other information generated when a payment is made through the ACH Network
Information Processed from Our Business Partners and Service Providers
We process personal information that we receive from financial partners, identity verification services, and other third-party service providers, and information you share with us about your use of their products and services:
- To comply with regulatory and reporting obligations
- To facilitate your use of our products or services, or other products and services
- To assess risk associated with your account
- To conduct fraud monitoring, prevention, and detection
- To fulfill commitments to our business partners
- To fulfill requests made by you
Information necessary to comply with regulatory and legal requirements
When you open a Merchant Account as a company owner or an administrator on behalf of a company, or you provide information of an individual with an ownership interest in a company, we process and/or pass to a Program Partner personal information that we must keep to comply with the law, including:
- Your name
- Your phone number
- Your current or previous addresses
- Your date of birth
- Percent ownership if 25% or more
Information processed to integrate third-party products and services with your Account
When you choose to link your Merchant Account with products and services provided by our business partners, we process personal information we receive from them to ensure our products and services work properly together.
We offer the ability to connect your Account with QuickBooks Online.
Accounting and expenses services.
When you direct us to connect your Account to QuickBooks Online, we collect certain information to make that integration work, including:
- Unique identifiers associated with the third-party connected account
- Information associated with your general ledger account and chart of accounts
- General ledger accounts and account codes
- Email addresses
- Contacts in Quickbooks Online
The information we collect may differ based on the choices you make relating to that service.
We get information from financial service providers such as our Program Partners.
Information processed to conduct fraud monitoring, prevention, and detection
We process personal information from our business partners, financial service providers, identity verification services, public sources, and other third parties to prevent fraud.
Information processed as a result of a business partnership, referral, or agreement
We enter into agreements with financial partners and other businesses that provide products and services related to ours, and as a result of these partnerships, we may receive personal information related to that particular relationship or partnership. We may process information about:
- You and your relationship with the business partner
- Your email or other contact information
- Your membership or relationship status with the business partner
2. Information We May Collect About Your Clients
We also obtain information about your clients on your behalf when they transact with you. We call this information Your Customers’ Data. We collect Your Customers’ Data when they transact with you through your use of our Services, for instance when they make a payment to you, or receive an invoice from you. The particular Customer Data we collect will vary depending on how you use our Services and which Services you use. Your Customers’ Data may include:
- Device Information. Information about Your Customer’s device, including hardware model, operating system and version, device name, unique device identifier, mobile network information, and information about the device’s interaction with our Services.
- Identification Information. Your Customers’ name; email address; mailing address; phone number; or other historical, contact, and demographic information.
- Location Information. The location of Your Customer’s device if they pay with a mobile device.
- Transaction Information. When Your Customers use our Service to make or record payments to you, we collect information about when and where the transactions occur, the names of the transacting parties, a description of the transactions which may include item-level data, the payment or transfer amounts, billing information, and the devices and payment methods used to complete the transactions.
- Use Information. Information about how Your Customers transact with you using our Services, including access time, “log-in” and “log-out” information, browser type and language, country and language setting on the device, IP address, the domain name of Your Customer’s Internet service provider, other attributes about Your Customer’s browser, mobile device and operating system, features Your Customer uses, and the date and time of use of the Services.
- Other Information You or Your Customers Provide. Information that Your Customers voluntarily provide you, or that you input into our systems about your Customers. For example; suggestions for improvements; notes you take about your customers, or any other actions performed when they transact with you using our Services.
3. How We Use Your Information.
We process your personal information for the reasons stated specifically in this policy, but we may also process personal information about you to:
Perform, Improve, and Develop our Services
- Deliver the information that you request, including technical notices, security alerts, and support and administrative messages such as to resolve disputes, collect fees, and provide assistance for problems with our Services or your Account;
- Develop new products and services;
- Display your historical transaction information;
- Improve, personalize, and facilitate your use of our Services;
- Providing, maintaining, and improving our Services, including our website and mobile applications; and
- Doing internal research, measuring, tracking and analyzing trends and usage
Operate our business and provide tailored services to you.
- Communicate with you about the products and services by phone, text, email, or chat
- Monitor, prevent, and detect fraud or unauthorized activity
- Secure our systems and products
- Mitigate financial loss, claims, liability, and other harm to our users, us, our partners, or third parties
- Manage, operate, and improve the performance of our products and services
- Determine eligibility for our products or services
- Help you make or receive a payment via credit card or eCheck
- Provide you with tailored recommendations
- Identify, fix, and troubleshoot bugs and errors
- Facilitate reporting, analyze performance, and auditing
- Understand how you use our services so we can make enhancements or improvements
- Facilitate business relationships or comply with contractual obligations
- Comply with our regulatory, legal, and other compliance obligations
- Advertise or market services and products to you
- Compare information for accuracy and verify it with third parties
- If you elect to share information about your geolocation, we will use this information to enhance the security of our products and services and to prevent fraud
Provide you with support.
- Help identify and troubleshoot problems with your account
- Survey your opinions through surveys or questionnaires
- Communicate with you and respond to your specific requests or questions
- Manage and send you notifications, confirmations and important information about your account and our products and services
Anonymized and aggregated data
To better target advertisements, improve, and market our products and services, and for other promotional purposes, we may reasonably transform personal information into de-identified information removing or masking information that could be used to identify you and by aggregating or combining de-identified data with other information. If you don’t want us to use your data in anonymized or aggregate form for promotional purposes, contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
4. How We Share Your Information.
With Other Users of our Services with Whom You Interact
With other users of our Services with whom you interact through your own use of our Services. For example, we may share information with your customers when you accept a payment using our Services.
Sharing for business purposes only
- To operate our products and services or support general operations of our business
- To integrate the products and services of our business partners with your Account
- To use third-party cloud services to host our website and store the information we process about you
- For any other legitimate business purpose
No sale of personal information
We do not and will not sell or allow our service providers to process your personal information for their own use without your express consent, unless the processing of that information is either required by law or we determine that disclosure is reasonably necessary to enforce our rights, protect our property or operations, or enforce the rights and protect the property or operations of our business partners and customers.
Anonymous or aggregated information
We may share anonymized or aggregated information, or other data that does not directly identify you or your company, with third parties.
We share your personal information with our service providers that operate and provide services on our behalf. We obtain consent for such sharing where legally required. These service providers need access to your personal information to perform information processing, manage or enhance our customer information, tailor services to you and your preferences, and perform other services related to our business, including advertising. We work with our service providers to make sure that they do not sell the personal information that we share with them.
Financial and business partners
We share personal information to facilitate the services we provide to you with our business and financial partners.
Partnerships and referrals
We share personal information to facilitate referral partnerships. For example, if you were referred to us through an organization we may provide confirmation to that organization that your company opened an Account with us, and information relating to your Account activity solely for the purpose of calculating any referral fees we owe related to the referral.
Sharing authorized by you, your users, or authorized representatives
We offer integration with QuickBooks Online. We share information with Quickbooks Online solely as directed by you, your users, or authorized representatives.
Compliance and compelled disclosure
We may share personal information:
- to comply with applicable law, regulation or payment network rules
- to enforce our contractual rights or comply with contractual obligations
- to protect the rights, privacy, safety and property of us, you, our customers, our business partners, or others
- to respond to requests from auditors, courts, law enforcement agencies, regulators, and other public and government authorities. When complying with court orders and other similar legal processes, we strive for transparency. We will make reasonable efforts to notify our customers and users of any disclosure of their personal information, unless we are prohibited by law, court order, or exigent circumstances prevent us from doing so.
5. How We Store Your Information
If you ask us to delete specific personal information (see “Your Choices About Your Personal Information” below), we will honor your request unless deleting the information prevents us from billing for our Services, calculating taxes, conducting required audits, or carrying out other legitimate business functions, or we are required by law or contractual obligation to keep that information.
6. Other Important Information
We use organizational, technical, and administrative measures to protect personal information; however, no data security program is entirely secure. Please contact us at email@example.com immediately if you believe that your personal information or any other confidential information that you have provided to us is no longer secure or has been lost or stolen. If we confirm that there has been a breach of personal information or confidential data related to you, we will notify you.
Use by minors
If you are under the age of 21, you may not have an Account or use our Services. We do not knowingly process any information from, or direct any of our products or services to persons under the age of 21. Please do not provide us with any personal information related to persons under the age of 21.
Personal information related to administrators, employees, company owners, and authorized persons or representatives
Our products and services are intended for use only by companies (including sole proprietorships), and you may only use an Account if you are an employee or other authorized representative of a company that has opened an Account. The company’s administrator is responsible for the Account. An administrator can: restrict, suspend, or terminate your access to or ability to use the Services, access personal information about you, access or retain information stored with us, and restrict your ability to edit, restrict, modify, or delete information associated with your use of our Services.
7. Your Choices About Your Personal Information
You may choose not to receive promotional emails from us by following the unsubscribe/opt-out instructions in those emails, but we may still send you non-promotional messages relating to material or transactional information about our Services such as updates to our platform agreement, privacy notices, security alerts, and other notices relating to your access to or use of our Services.
Deletion or closure of your Account
If you wish to deactivate your account, you can do so by logging into your account or by emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org Closure or deletion of your company’s Account will mean that you permanently lose access to the personal information and data associated with the Account. Certain personal information or de-identified information associated with your company’s Account may nonetheless remain on systems owned or maintained by us where required to comply with the law, our contractual obligations, or carrying out legitimate business functions.
To comply with legal and regulatory obligations, we may retain certain personal information associated with rejected applications for Accounts.
If you are a California resident, you have certain rights over the information that we have about you. You can:
- Access a copy of any personal information we have about you
- Delete any personal information we have about you when we do not have legal or contractual obligations to keep the information or a need for the information to carry out a legitimate business function
- Correct any personal information we have about you either in your settings, by contacting your Account administrator, or by contacting us as provided below
- Ask if we disclose your personal information to third parties for their direct marketing purposes (we do not disclose your personal information for others’ direct marketing purposes)
- Ask if we sell your personal information to third parties (we do not sell your personal information and have not done so in the past), and if we did, you would have the right to opt out of such sales.
Exercising your choices
To exercise your choices about your personal information, please contact our Customer Experience team at email@example.com during available support hours. We will need to verify your relationship to the Account (for example, if you’re an administrator of an Account) and verify your identity. Verification will require that you verify your email and phone number and may require you to provide a copy of a government issued ID to us. We may take additional steps to verify that you are authorized to make the request. If you are an end user of our Services and not a direct customer (for example, your company uses our Services and you’re an employee or authorized representative of that company), you should direct requests relating to your personal information to the administrator of your company’s Account. We will not discriminate against you for exercising any of your rights.
Sale of personal information (“Do Not Sell My Personal Information”)
We do not sell your personal information.
9. Contacting Us
If you have concerns, questions, or would just like to better understand our privacy practices, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org or if you prefer to contact us by mail, please write to MONESQ, Attn: Legal, 7300 FM 2222, BLDG 3-265, Austin, TX 78730.